- Catalogue N°
- 850.860.048 - 1 x 48 Discovery (pre-coated)
850.860.096 - 1 x 96 (pre-coated)
850.860.192 - 2 x 96 (pre-coated)
- Assay Range
- 62.5 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- 40 pg/ml
- Target species
- Recognizes natural human Perforin
- Sample Type
- Supernatant, Buffered Solutions, Not suitable for use with serum and plasma.
- Sample Size
- 100 µl
- Cross Reaction
- No cross reactivity with Trail, TRAIL R3, TRAIL R4, Granzyme B, TNFα, IFNγ, Fas, Fas L, IL-1b, IL-2
- Kit Content
- Diaclone ELISA Kits include pre-coated strip plates, biotinylated secondary antibody, standards, controls (where applicable), buffers, streptavidin-HRP, TMB, stop reagents and a detailed procedure.
Perforin is a 70kDa protein containing 534 amino acid.
Perforin is involved in the killing function by CTLs and NKs. Upon degranulation, perforin inserts itself into the target cell's plasma membrane, forming a pore. It leads to osmotic lysis of the target cells and subsequently enables granzymes to enter the target cells and activate apoptosis, the cell death program.
Perforin has structural and functional similarities to complement component 6, 7, 8 and 9 (C6, C7, C8, C9). Like C9, this protein creates transmembrane tubules and is capable of lysing non-specifically a variety of target cells. This protein is one of the main cytolytic proteins of cytolytic granules, and it is known to be a key effector molecule for T-cell- and natural killer-cell-mediated cytolysis.
Its role in the immune response against tumors and virus infection has been demonstrated.
Version 13 - 04.20
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.