- Catalogue N°
- 850.870.048 - 1 x 48 Discovery (pre-coated)
850.870.096 - 1 x 96 (pre-coated)
850.870.192 - 2 x 96 (pre-coated)
- Assay Range
- 1.87 pg/ml - 60 pg/ml
- 0.97 pg/ml
- Target species
- Recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL-2
- Sample Type
- Serum, Plasma, Cell culture supernatant
- Sample Size
- 100 µl
- Cross Reaction
- No cross reactivity with other human cytokines
- Kit Content
- Diaclone High Sensitivity ELISA Kits include pre-coated strip plates, biotinylated secondary antibody, standards, controls (where applicable), buffers, streptavidin-HRP, TMB, stop reagents and a detailed procedure.
IL-2 is a powerful immunoregulatory lymphokine produced by T-Cells in response to antigenic or mitogenic activation. IL-2 stimulates growth and differentiation of B-Cells, most T-cells, NK cells, monocytes and macrophages.
Mature IL-2 is a 15.4kDa globular glycoprotein containing 133 amino acid residues including one intrachain disulfide bond between residues 58 and 105.
Apart from its most important role to mediate antigen-specific T-lymphocyte proliferation, IL-2 modulates the expression of interferon-g and major histocompatibility antigens.
Alterations in the ability of T-cell to synthesize IL-2 have been observed in physiologic and pathologic states. Currently, IL-2 is used to enhance the immune system of patients for the treatment of cancer and infectious disease.
Version 4 - 07.19
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.