- Catalogue N°
- 851.500.001 - 1 x 96 Discovery
851.500.005 - 5 x 96
851.500.010 - 10 x 96
851.500.015 - 15 x 96
851.500.020 - 20 x 96
- Assay Range
- 31.2 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- 10 pg/ml
- Target species
- Recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL-2
- From sample to end 1h45
- Sample Type
- Serum, Plasma, Cell culture supernatant
- Sample Size
- 100 µl
- Cross Reaction
- No cross reactivity with other human cytokines
- Kit Content
- Diaclone ELISA Sets include capture and biotinylated detection antibody, one standard per plate, Streptavidin-HRP, TMB, and detailed procedure including buffer composition.
IL-2 is a powerful immunoregulatory lymphokine produced by T-Cells in response to antigenic or mitogenic activation. IL-2 stimulates growth and differentiation of B-Cells, most T-cells, NK cells, monocytes and macrophages.
Mature IL-2 is a 15.4kDa globular glycoprotein containing 133 amino acid residues including one intrachain disulfide bond between residues 58 and 105.
Apart from its most important role to mediate antigen-specific T-lymphocyte proliferation, IL-2 modulates the expression of interferon-g and major histocompatibility antigens.
Alterations in the ability of T-cell to synthesize IL-2 have been observed in physiologic and pathologic states. Currently, IL-2 is used to enhance the immune system of patients for the treatment of cancer and infectious disease.
Version 11 - 07.19
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.