- Catalogue N°
- 850.800.048 - 1 x 48 Discovery (pre-coated)
850.800.096 - 1 x 96 (pre-coated)
850.800.192 - 2 x 96 (pre-coated)
- Assay Range
- 156 pg/ml - 5000 pg/ml
- 150 pg/ml
- Target species
- Recognizes both natural and recombinant IL-13Rα2
- Sample Type
- Serum, Plasma, Cell culture supernatant
- Sample Size
- 100 µl
- Cross Reaction
- No cross reactivity has been observed with TNF-a, TRAIL, IFN-g, Fas, IL-1a, IL-4, IL-6, IL-8, IL-13, Granzyme B
- Kit Content
- Diaclone ELISA Kits include pre-coated strip plates, biotinylated secondary antibody, standards, controls (where applicable), buffers, streptavidin-HRP, TMB, stop reagents and a detailed procedure.
Two membrane proteins belonging to the receptor family CD213a have been identified and shown to bind IL-13 with differing affinities and different functionality.
The CD213a2 also named IL-13 R alpha 2 binds, as monomer, IL-13 with high-affinity but not IL-4. The role of IL-13 R alpha 2 in IL-13 signaling remains to be elucidated. With a small 17 aa cytoplasmic domain, unable to induce signal, it does not appear to function as a signal mediator. It could act as a decoy receptor by binding and internalizing IL‑13 and preventing it from signaling through the IL‑13 R alpha 1/IL‑4 R alpha complex
The up‑regulation of transmembrane CD213a2 during Th2‑based immune responses limits the extent of those responses. IL-13Rα2 has been found to be over-expressed also in a variety of cancers, including pancreatic, ovarian, melanomas, and malignant gliomas.
Version 6 - 04.20
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.