- Catalogue N°
- 850.890.048 - 1 x 48 Discovery (pre-coated)
850.890.096 - 1 x 96 (pre-coated)
850.890.192 - 2 x 96 (pre-coated)
- Assay Range
- 0.31 pg/ml - 10 pg/ml
- 0.31 pg/ml
- Target species
- Recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL-4
- Sample Type
- Serum, Plasma, Cell culture supernatant
- Sample Size
- 100 µl
- Cross Reaction
- No cross reactivity with other human cytokines
- Kit Content
- Diaclone High Sensitivity ELISA Kits include pre-coated strip plates, biotinylated secondary antibody, standards, controls (where applicable), buffers, streptavidin-HRP, TMB, stop reagents and a detailed procedure.
IL-4 is a lymphokine that co-stimulates the proliferation of activated B- and T-cells, augments the cytotoxic activity of lymphocytes and monocytes and enhances the functional activity of myeloid cells . Produced by mast cells, T-cells and bone marrow stromal cells, IL-4 regulates the differentiation of naive CD4+ cells into helper Th2 cells characterized by their cytokine secretion-profile that includes secretion of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10 and IL-13 which favour a humoral immune response. In addition, IL-4 can inhibit the proliferation of TNF, IL-1 and IL-6 by macrophages.
IL-4 induces B-cell class switching to IgE and IgG1 isotypes, and up regulates MHC Class II production and CD23 expression.
IL-4 is a 15kDa globular glycoprotein containing 129 amino acid residues. The non-glycosylated form of the protein is fully biologically active.
Version 5 - 04.20
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.