- Catalogue N°
- 856.011.001PC - 1 x 96 Discovery (pre-coated plate)
856.011.005PC - 5 x 96 (pre-coated plates)
856.011.002PC - 2 x 96 (pre-coated plates)
- Target species
- Recognizes natural human IL-4
- 3h after cell stimulation
- Cross Reaction
- No cross reactivity with other human cytokines
- Kit Content
- Diaclone Pre-coated ELISpot kits include precoated PVDF plates, Detection antibody, Alkaline phosphatase conjugate, BSA, BCIP/NBT ready-to-use substrate buffer.
IL-4 is a lymphokine that co-stimulates the proliferation of activated B- and T-cells, augments the cytotoxic activity of lymphocytes and monocytes and enhances the functional activity of myeloid cells. Produced by mast cells, T-cells and bone marrow stromal cells, IL-4 regulates the differentiation of naive CD4+ cells into helper Th2 cells characterized by their cytokine secretion-profile that includes secretion of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10 and IL-13 which favour a humoral immune response. In addition, IL-4 can inhibit the proliferation of TNF, IL-1 and IL-6 by macrophages.
IL-4 induces B-cell class switching to IgE and IgG1 isotypes, and up regulates MHC Class II production and CD23 expression.
IL-4 is a 15kDa globular glycoprotein containing 129 amino acid residues. The non-glycosylated form of the protein is fully biologically active.
Version 5 - 01.21
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.