- Catalogue N°
- 855.052.019 - 100 tests / 1ml
- Target species
- Recognises both natural and recombinant human IL-6
- Flow Cytometry
- Myeloma X63/AG.8653 x Balb/c spleen cells
- Recombinant human IL-6
- 100 Tests / 1ml (Discovery Size also available please enquire)
- Mouse IgG1 Kappa light chain
- Phosphate-buffered saline with 5% BSA and 0,1% sodium azide
- Stable at +2-8°C for six months after reconstitution. DO NOT FREEZE.
- Working Dilution
- Reconstitute with 1ml of deionized water. It is recommended to establish the optimal dilution according to the system being used. Use 10 μl of antibody to label 5.105 cells
Sodium azide is a poisonous and hazardous substance, handle and dispose of properly
Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is a multi-functional cytokine that regulates immune responses, acute phase reactions and hematopoiesis and may play a central role in host defense mechanisms.
This cytokine is involved in :
- the induction of B-cell differentiation,
- the induction of acute phase proteins in liver cells,
- growth promotion of myeloma/plasmacytoma/hybridoma cells,
- induction of IL-2 and IL-2 receptor expression,
- proliferation and differentiation of T cells,
- inhibition of cell growth of certain myeloid leukemic cell lines and induction of their differentiation to macrophages,
- enhancement of IL-3-induced multipotential colony cell formation in hematopoietic stem cells and induction of maturation of megakaryocytes as a thrombopoietic factor,
- induction of mesangial cell growth,
- induction of neural differentiation of PC cells
- induction of keratinocyte growth.
The abnormal production of IL-6 was first suggested to be related to polyclonal B-cell activation with autoantibody production in patients with cardiac myxoma. Since then, IL-6 has been suggested to be involved in the pathogenesis of a variety of diseases. Measurement of IL-6 levels in serum and other body fluids thus provides more detailed insights into various pathological situations.
Version 9 - 06.19
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.