- Catalogue N°
- 855.172.010 - 100µg / 1ml
- Target species
- Recognises both natural and recombinant human IL-4
- Flow Cytometry
- Myeloma X63/AG.8653 x Balb/c spleen cells
- Recombinant human IL-4
- 100 µg / 1ml (Discovery Size also available please enquire)
- Mouse IgG1 Kappa light chain
- Phosphate-buffered saline with 1% BSA and 0,1% sodium azide
- Stable at +2-8°C for six months after reconstitution. DO NOT FREEZE.
- Working Dilution
- Reconstitute with 1ml of deionized water. It is recommended to establish the optimal dilution according to the system being used. Use 10 μl of antibody to label 5.105 cells
Sodium azide is a poisonous and hazardous substance, handle and dispose of properly
IL-4 is a lymphokine that co-stimulates the proliferation of activated B- and T-cells, augments the cytotoxic activity of lymphocytes and monocytes and enhances the functional activity of myeloid cells. Produced by mast cells, T-cells and bone marrow stromal cells, IL-4 regulates the differentiation of naive CD4+ cells into helper Th2 cells characterized by their cytokine secretion-profile that includes secretion of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10 and IL-13 which favour a humoral immune response. In addition, IL-4 can inhibit the proliferation of TNF, IL-1 and IL-6 by macrophages.
IL-4 induces B-cell class switching to IgE and IgG1 isotypes, and up regulates MHC Class II production and CD23 expression.
IL-4 is a 15kDa globular glycoprotein containing 129 amino acid residues. The non glycosylated form of the protein is fully biologically active.
Version 8 - 06.19
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.