- Catalogue N°
- 855.030.000 - 200µg / 200µl
855.030.005 - 500µg / 500µl
- Target species
- Recognises both natural and recombinant human IL-4
- Myeloma X63/AG.8653 x Balb/c spleen cells
- Recombinant human IL-4
- 200µg or 500µg (Discovery Size also available please enquire)
- Mouse IgG1 Kappa light chain
- Phosphate-buffered saline. Sterile-filtered through 0.22 μm and treated to remove endotoxins. Carrier and preservative free
- Stable at +2-8°C for 12 months. For longer storage freeze aliquots.
IL-4 is a lymphokine that co-stimulates the proliferation of activated B- and T-cells, augments the cytotoxic activity of lymphocytes and monocytes and enhances the functional activity of myeloid cells. Produced by mast cells, T-cells and bone marrow stromal cells, IL-4 regulates the differentiation of naive CD4+ cells into helper Th2 cells characterized by their cytokine secretion-profile that includes secretion of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10 and IL-13 which favour a humoral immune response. In addition, IL-4 can inhibit the proliferation of TNF, IL-1 and IL-6 by macrophages.
IL-4 induces B-cell class switching to IgE and IgG1 isotypes, and up regulates MHC Class II production and CD23 expression.
IL-4 is a 15kDa globular glycoprotein containing 129 amino acid residues. The non glycosylated form of the protein is fully biologically active.
Version 8 - 12.20
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.