- Catalogue N°
- 950.035.048 - 1 x 48 Discovery (pre-coated)
950.035.096 - 1 x 96 (pre-coated)
950.035.192 - 2 x 96 (pre-coated)
- Assay Range
- 1.56 pg/ml - 50 pg/ml
- 0.8 pg/ml
- Target species
- Recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL-6
- Sample Type
- Serum, Plasma, Cell culture supernatant
- Sample Size
- 100 µl
- Cross Reaction
- No cross reactivity with other human cytokines. No interference with soluble receptor gp80.
- Kit Content
- Diaclone High Sensitivity ELISA Kits include pre-coated strip plates, biotinylated secondary antibody, standards, controls (where applicable), buffers, streptavidin-HRP, TMB, stop reagents and a detailed procedure.
Interleukin-6 (IL-6,IL6) is a multi-functional cytokine that regulates immune responses, acute phase reactions and hematopoiesis and may play a central role in host defense mechanisms.
IL6 is involved in :
- the induction of B-cell differentiation,
- the induction of acute phase proteins in liver cells,
- growth promotion of myeloma/plasmacytoma/hybridoma cells,
- induction of IL-2 and IL-2 receptor expression,
- proliferation and differentiation of T cells,
- inhibition of cell growth of certain myeloid leukemic cell lines and induction of their differentiation to macrophages,
- enhancement of IL-3-induced multipotential colony cell formation in hematopoietic stem cells and induction of maturation of megakaryocytes as a thrombopoietic factor,
- induction of mesangial cell growth,
- induction of neural differentiation of PC cells
- induction of keratinocyte growth.
The abnormal production of IL-6 was first suggested to be related to polyclonal B-cell activation with autoantibody production in patients with cardiac myxoma. Since then, IL-6 has been suggested to be involved in the pathogenesis of a variety of diseases. Measurement of IL-6 levels in serum and other body fluids thus provides more detailed insights into various pathological situations.
Version 12 - 02.20
For research use only
* CE marked products are available for IVD use in the EU only. For all other regions these products are for research use only.
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.