- Catalogue N°
- 873.020.048 - 1 x 48 Discovery (pre-coated)
873.020.096 - 1 x 96 (pre-coated)
873.020.192 - 2 x 96 (pre-coated)
- Assay Range
- 31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- 12.2 pg/ml
- Target species
- Recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL-33
- Sample Type
- Serum, Plasma and other body fluids, Cell culture supernatants, Buffered solutions
- Sample Size
- 100 µl (50µl for serum/plasma)
- Cross Reaction
- No cross reactivity with IL-1b, IL-2, IL-1a, IL-10, IL-12p70, Gp130, IL-17A, IL-23, IFNg, TNFa
- Kit Content
- Diaclone ELISA Kits include pre-coated strip plates, biotinylated secondary antibody, standards, controls (where applicable), buffers, streptavidin-HRP, TMB, stop reagents and a detailed procedure.
Interleukin-33 is described as a IL1 family cytokine which have important functions in host defense, immune regulation and inflammation. It is synthesized as a 30kD precursor ; then cleaved by caspase-1 to generate a 18kD fragment, termed mature IL-33.
IL-33 was originally identified as a protein abundantly expressed in endothelial cells of high endothelial venules (HEVs) and was previously named NF-HEV (nuclear factor in HEV). High level of IL-33 were also found in fibroblastic reticular cells of lymphoid tissues and certain types of epithelium, including skin keratinocytes and epithelial cells of stomach.
IL-33 induce T helper (Th) type 2 responses by signaling through the IL-1 receptor related protein ST2. Acts as Th2 chemotactic factor, also promots cytokine production (such as IL-6, IL-13, IL-1b, TNFa), IL-33 has also a role in activating basophil cells and regulating their migration
It is recognized as important contributors to allergic inflammation by eosinophils cells activation and degranulation.Also contributes to hyperresponsivness reaction observed in asthma when secreted by ephitelial cells.
Version 8 - 09.22
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.