- Catalogue N°
- 873.010.048 - 1 x 48 Discovery (pre-coated)
873.010.096 - 1 x 96 (pre-coated)
873.010.192 - 2 x 96 (pre-coated)
- Assay Range
- 31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- 18.3 pg/ml
- Target species
- Recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL-31
- Sample Type
- Serum, Plasma and other body fluids, Cell culture supernatants, Buffered solutions
- Sample Size
- 100 µl (50µl for serum/plasma)
- Cross Reaction
- No cross reactivity with IL-1b, IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-6R, Gp130, IL-17F, IL-27, IL-33, GM-CSF
- Kit Content
- Diaclone ELISA Kits include pre-coated strip plates, biotinylated secondary antibody, standards, controls (where applicable), buffers, streptavidin-HRP, TMB, stop reagents and a detailed procedure.
IL-31 is a 24 kDa α-helical protein from the IL-6 family. It is composed by 141 amino acids. It is preferentially produced by CD4+ T cells such as Th2 and expressed on activated monocytes and epithelial cells. Human and mouse IL-31 share 24% aa sequence identity in the mature region. IL-31 elicits its response by binding to a heterodimeric complex consisting of a 120 kDa gp130-like receptor chain called IL-31RA and a 180 kDa oncostatin M receptor subunit. Target cells include a broad range of immune and non-immune cells. IL-31 receptor is constitutively expressed in keratinocytes and epithelial cells and upregulated by IFNγ in monocytes. IL-31 binding can induce activation of the Jak/STAT, AKT and MAPK signaling pathways. Due to the ubiquitous expression of its receptor complex, IL-31 has numerous physiological roles that include regulating hematopoiesis and immune response. Over-expression has been linked chronic inflammatory states such as dermatitis, pruritus, airway hypersensitivity, and inflammatory bowel disease. IL-31 is mainly involved in skin disorders but also in other allergy disease such as asthma.
Version 5 - 02.22
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.