- Catalogue N°
- 855.120.000 - 200µg / 200µl
855.120.005 - 500µg / 500µl
- Target species
- Recognises both natural and recombinant human IL-12 p35 + p70
- Functional assay
- Myeloma X63/AG.8653 x Balb/c spleen cells
- Recombinant human IL-12
- 200µg or 500µg (Discovery Size also available please enquire)
- Mouse IgG1 Kappa light chain
- Phosphate-buffered saline. Sterile-filtered through 0.22 μm. Carrier and preservative free
- Stable at +2-8°C for 12 months. For longer storage freeze aliquots.
- Biological Activity
- Inhibits IL-12 induced IFNg synthesis on PHA activated lymphocytes
IL-12 is a pleiotropic cytokine initially called cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF) or natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF) mainly produced by monocytes, macrophages and dendritic cells in response to bacterial products or upon interaction with activated T Cell.
IL-12 induces IFNg production and increases proliferation and cytotoxic activity of T and NK cells. Moreover, IL-12 induces CD4+ polarization to the Th1 phenotype that mediates immunity against intracellular pathogens.
IL-12p70 is the biologically active form and is composed of two subunits: IL-12p35 (also named IL-12A) and IL-12p40 (also named IL-12B). The p35 subunit has homology to IL-6, while p40 has homology with IL-23. The p40 subunit has been found to be expressed in a higher excess over p70. It is present in serum and plasma as a monomer, a heterodimer with IL-12p35 (biologically active IL-12p70) or heterodimer with IL-23p19 (IL-23). The subunits are genetically unrelated and are regulated independently: IL-12p40 is produced constitutively and in excess of IL-12p35 and IL-23p19.
Several studies show that IL-12p40, in monomer or homodimer form, was able to bind to IL-12R beta-1 and seem to be antagonist to IL-12p70 and IL-23 bounding.
Following these properties and the role of IL-12 in autoimmunity, IL-12p40 was described as a target in the treatment of autoimmune and systemic inflammatory diseases (Crohn’s disease, Psoriasis, multiple sclerosis).
Version 12 - 05.21
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.