- Catalogue N°
- 855.082.019 - 100 tests / 1ml
- Target species
- Recognises both natural and recombinant human IL-8
- Flow Cytometry
- Myeloma X63/AG.8653 x Balb/c spleen cells
- Recombinant human IL-8
- 100 Tests / 1ml (Discovery Size also available please enquire)
- Mouse IgG1 Kappa light chain
- Phosphate-buffered saline with 5% BSA and 0,1% sodium azide
- Stable at +2-8°C for six months after reconstitution. DO NOT FREEZE.
- Working Dilution
- Reconstitute with 1ml of deionized water. It is recommended to establish the optimal dilution according to the system being used. Use 10 μl of antibody to label 5.105 cells
Sodium azide is a poisonous and hazardous substance, handle and dispose of properly
Interleukin 8 (IL-8) or CXCL8, Monocyte-Derived Neutrophil Chemotactic Factor (MDNCF), Neutrophil Activating Factor (NAF) and NAD-P1 is a chemokine secreted by monocytes, macrophages and endothelial cells. IL-8 chemoattracts and activates neutrophils.
The predominant form of IL-8 is a 8.4kDa protein containing 72 amino acid residues, which includes five additional N-Terminal amino-acids. IL-8 contains the four conserved cysteine residues present in CXC chemokines and also contains the “ELR” motif common to CXC chemokines that binds to CXCR1 and CXCR2.
Data indicate that IL-8 may participate in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis via the induction of neutrophil-mediated cartilage damage, and psoriasis. A causative involvement of IL-8 is found within a broad range of clinico-pathological conditions : adult respiratory distress syndrome, asthma, bacterial infections, bladder cancer, graft rejection and influenza infection, due to the now known biological properties of IL-8. This cytokine especially in combinations with other neutrophil activating agents, may prove helpful in the treatment of patients suffering from granulocytopenia, severe infections against which antibiotics are not effective, and immunodeficiency caused by HIV.
Version 9 - 06.19
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.