- Catalogue N°
- 855.020.000 - 200µg / 200µl
855.020.005 - 500µg / 500µl
- Target species
- Recognises both natural and recombinant human IL-2
- Flow Cytometry
- Functional assay
- Western Blot
- Myeloma X63/AG.8653 x Balb/c spleen cells
- Natural human IL-2
- 200µg or 500µg (Discovery Size also available please enquire)
- Mouse IgG1 Kappa light chain
- Phosphate-buffered saline. Sterile-filtered through 0.22 μm. Carrier and preservative free
- Store at +2-8°C for 12 months. DO NOT FREEZE.
- Biological Activity
- Inhibits IL-2 induced proliferation on Kit 225 cell line
IL-2 is a powerful immunoregulatory lymphokine produced by T-Cells in response to antigenic or mitogenic activation.IL-2 stimulates growth and differentiation of B-Cells, most T-cells, NK cells, monocytes and macrophages.
Mature IL-2 is a 15.4kDa globular glycoprotein containing 133 amino acid residues including one intrachain disulfide bond between residues 58 and 105.
Apart from its most important role to mediate antigen-specific T-lymphocyte proliferation, IL-2 modulates the expression of interferon-g and major histocompatibility antigens.
Alterations in the ability of T-cell to synthesize IL-2 have been observed in physiologic and pathologic states. Currently, IL-2 is used to enhance the immune system of patients for the treatment of cancer and infectious disease.
Version 15 - 05.21
For research use only
For any order, the purchaser acknowledges having read and accepted the terms and conditions described on the Diaclone website.